I would like to introduce our first informative video: Intro to XLR and 1/4″ connectors.
Here are some details from the video:
- Normally 3 Pin
- Balanced signal for rejecting noise
- Male connector is the output
- Female connector is the input
- Used for Microphones, line level gear, console outs, etc.
- Named based on diameter of connector of 1/4″
- TS connector stands for Tip and Sleeve
- TRS connector stands for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve
- TS is unbalanced
- TRS can be balanced
- TS used for Instruments
- TRS used for gear connections, headphones, insert connections, etc.
Please contact us with any questions or comments or subjects for future videos and posts.
Here is the direct link to this video CLICK HERE